Why are they called pickle parks?
Rookie with 27 in 12
2004-01-21 02:11:16 UTC
Why are Rest Areas called pickle parks?

I am sitting in a Pickle Park, right now, monitoring channel 19 and I hear
these two truckers drive by saying they wouldn't stop in either one if they
had to piss their pants.

The other guy goes same here. Then they mention that they are visited by
the DOT too often. Then I keep listening, to hear of one Bear that went
North, then turned around and he is now parked in the Southbound Pickle park
with another one between the two.

I'm not worried about them, I think it is great that someone is watching the
joints. But then again, if they harass me like a lot lizard and wake me up
at 3am I will be a little pissed.

But then again, I am in Ohio and I hear they are really rough on truckers.

thanx
dualqwad
2004-01-21 05:06:53 UTC
Rookie with 27 in 12 wrote: Why are Rest Areas called pickle parks? I am
in Ohio and I hear they are really rough on truckers.

Don't worry about it too much, Rookie. I've been back & forth thru the
big "O" many times and I've never been bothered at a rest area. That is
of course, if I can get into one before they are all full. Oh, and I
don't know why they're called pickle parks.

--
Posted at http://www.layover.com/
Trucking jobs, news, features, chat rooms, and more!
Road_Wytch®
2004-01-21 05:52:43 UTC
Without getting too graphic.......
They started calling rest areas "pickle parks" back in the mid seventies in
honor of the denizens within, the "Pickle Suckers" or "Pickle Park
Rangers"....

Before that they were always referred to as "Lollypop Parks"

Not my fault...
He asked........

--
Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
Ryan Lankford
2004-01-21 06:38:10 UTC
I'd hate to hear what they call some of the KS rest areas I came
across not too long ago...

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:52:43 -0500, "Road_Wytch®"
Post by Road_Wytch®
Without getting too graphic.......
They started calling rest areas "pickle parks" back in the mid seventies in
honor of the denizens within, the "Pickle Suckers" or "Pickle Park
Rangers"....
Before that they were always referred to as "Lollypop Parks"
Not my fault...
He asked........
--
Ryan Lankford
Check out my new, more interactive website at:
http://www.ryan-lankford.com

"Donkeys can talk, people can fly, and a man named Jesus lives in the Sky!"

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1047091/posts
jorge
2004-01-21 15:30:00 UTC
Post by dualqwad
Rookie with 27 in 12 wrote: Why are Rest Areas called pickle parks? I am
in Ohio and I hear they are really rough on truckers.
Don't worry about it too much, Rookie. I've been back & forth thru the
big "O" many times and I've never been bothered at a rest area. That is
of course, if I can get into one before they are all full. Oh, and I
don't know why they're called pickle parks.
Back in the ol days....oh well forget it. If a truck driver doesn't know
what a pickle park is....Some things dont need explaining.
realitytrucker
Let him find out the hard way, Jorge.
Richard
2004-01-21 05:52:50 UTC
Post by Rookie with 27 in 12
Why are Rest Areas called pickle parks?
I am sitting in a Pickle Park, right now, monitoring channel 19 and I
hear these two truckers drive by saying they wouldn't stop in either one
if they had to piss their pants.
The other guy goes same here. Then they mention that they are visited by
the DOT too often. Then I keep listening, to hear of one Bear that went
North, then turned around and he is now parked in the Southbound Pickle
park with another one between the two.
I'm not worried about them, I think it is great that someone is watching
the joints. But then again, if they harass me like a lot lizard and wake
me up at 3am I will be a little pissed.
But then again, I am in Ohio and I hear they are really rough on truckers.
thanx
Uhhhh wwelllllllllllll driver, it, uh, may have something to do with why
they called you a boy when you were born.
Alexander Cain
Big surprise coming from st00pid.
J Lange
2004-01-21 07:29:00 UTC
Post by Rookie with 27 in 12
Why are Rest Areas called pickle parks?
I am sitting in a Pickle Park, right now, monitoring channel 19 and I hear
these two truckers drive by saying they wouldn't stop in either one if they
had to piss their pants.
The other guy goes same here. Then they mention that they are visited by
the DOT too often. Then I keep listening, to hear of one Bear that went
North, then turned around and he is now parked in the Southbound Pickle park
with another one between the two.
I'm not worried about them, I think it is great that someone is watching the
joints. But then again, if they harass me like a lot lizard and wake me up
at 3am I will be a little pissed.
But then again, I am in Ohio and I hear they are really rough on truckers.
thanx
hey can ya tell me a little about your Internet access? you said your
in a rest area when you posted and im wondering what your using for
internet acess, im getting into OTR on monday and am interested in
this, i know Sattelite providers offer High speed through like DirecTv
and all.

Just curious and BTW Good Job With your 6 months thing, im about to do
the same thing with Swift ( please no flame hehe ) i know i know but
Swift was the only one that has called me until TODAY /Bonk day after
they call me, Schneider, roehl, and Someone else cant remember now
calls me lol.

anyhow im gonna do the same thing as you and Suffer through the 6
months until i can get better offer

Kudos And Hats Off to you for being able to take the BS, i hope i can
say the same thing for me hehe

Jeff
Rookie with 27w in 81d
2004-01-22 00:33:05 UTC
Post by J Lange
hey can ya tell me a little about your Internet access? you said your
in a rest area when you posted and im wondering what your using for
internet acess, im getting into OTR on monday and am interested in
this, i know Sattelite providers offer High speed through like DirecTv
and all.
Just curious and BTW Good Job With your 6 months thing, im about to do
the same thing with Swift ( please no flame hehe ) i know i know but
Swift was the only one that has called me until TODAY /Bonk day after
they call me, Schneider, roehl, and Someone else cant remember now
calls me lol.
anyhow im gonna do the same thing as you and Suffer through the 6
months until i can get better offer
Kudos And Hats Off to you for being able to take the BS, i hope i can
say the same thing for me hehe
Jeff
Congratulations Jeff,

I think you will do just fine. My only word of caution, if they want to
treat you like shit let them.

As for my internet access. I have a Sprint PCS with unlimited Vision for
$10.00 a month extra. Right now I am in Chicago waiting for my turn to be
loaded and using the PCS for the internet.

You buy the USB cable for your phone at Radio Shack and you can get the
software you need right at a Sprint Store or you can download it from the
Sprintpcs.com website.

The other neat thing about having Vision, is you can pull up
pcs.accuweather.com, on the phone itself and get radar and satellite images
of specific areas. It is great for finding out where the snow is falling.

The other day, when I was following that girl, we were driving through some
snow. I pulled up a radar view and it showed one small spot of snow.

I told her that snow was it. As soon as we are out of it, it will be clear
sailing and it was. At the rest area we went to, I even showed her the
radar image and she thought it was neat.

thanx
realitytrucker
2004-01-22 06:42:30 UTC
Post by J Lange
Post by Rookie with 27 in 12
[...]
No, No, No! Jeff, forget Swift. They'll screw you over and sour you
on trucking forever. Of the ones you mentioned go with Schneider.
Rookie with 27w in 81d
2004-01-22 11:44:45 UTC
Post by realitytrucker
No, No, No! Jeff, forget Swift. They'll screw you over and sour you
on trucking forever. Of the ones you mentioned go with Schneider.
If he already made his decision, and it looked like he did, you are only
being a pain in the neck.

Besides, they might not be as bad if you do not go through their CDL
training.
realitytrucker
2004-01-22 22:28:14 UTC
Post by Rookie with 27w in 81d
Post by realitytrucker
No, No, No! Jeff, forget Swift. They'll screw you over and sour you
on trucking forever. Of the ones you mentioned go with Schneider.
If he already made his decision, and it looked like he did, you are only
being a pain in the neck.
Besides, they might not be as bad if you do not go through their CDL
training.
Givung someone some advice is NOT being a "pain in the neck". You
could stand to listen to some occasionaly.
Rookie with 6m in 77 days
2004-01-23 16:53:31 UTC
Post by realitytrucker
Givung someone some advice is NOT being a "pain in the neck". You
could stand to listen to some occasionaly.
If you had read his post, you would have seen where it said "( please no
flame hehe)." In other words, do not say anything bad about Swift.

It looks like you are the one that needs to learn how to listen. Take a
second look at it if you do not believe me.

thanx
realitytrucker
2004-01-24 08:20:10 UTC
Post by Rookie with 6m in 77 days
Post by realitytrucker
Givung someone some advice is NOT being a "pain in the neck". You
could stand to listen to some occasionaly.
If you had read his post, you would have seen where it said "( please no
flame hehe)." In other words, do not say anything bad about Swift.
It looks like you are the one that needs to learn how to listen. Take a
second look at it if you do not believe me.
thanx
Yes, rookie, I saw it. I was not flaming. I was simply giving some
advice. If you can't tell the difference maybe you should stay out of
news groups. There has probably been more negative posts about Swift
in this group than any other trucking company out there. And if you'd
bother to read the rest of the thread you'd realize that I am not the
only one giving that same advice.
After twenty years in the radio biz wearing headphones and 8 years
driving noisy trucks I DO have some minor problems with my hearing.
But my ability to READ is perfectly fine.

Now come clean and tell us all the truth. "Rookie" is REALLY Richard
Bullis isn't he/she? If not, then you've been reading far too many of
his posts because you're starting to sound alot like him.
Rookie with 6m in 74 days
2004-01-24 19:52:12 UTC
Post by realitytrucker
Yes, rookie, I saw it. I was not flaming. I was simply giving some
advice.
From what I read of his post, he had already signed up with Swift and that
was why he said no flame. When someone ask for no flame, under those
circumstances, you do not have to say anything at all that might make the
company look bad.
Post by realitytrucker
Now come clean and tell us all the truth. "Rookie" is REALLY Richard
Bullis isn't he/she? If not, then you've been reading far too many of
his posts because you're starting to sound alot like him.
I was driving a truck on an interstate in West Virginia, when someone asked,
on the CB, if they could call me "Rookie." I said sure, but not for very
long and he laughed.

If you can prove Richard has driven a truck, with a 48 foot trailer, in West
Virginia, in the last 17 weeks, then we might be the same person. LMAO.
Dave in Chandler
2004-01-23 01:19:24 UTC
Post by J Lange
Just curious and BTW Good Job With your 6 months thing, im about to do
the same thing with Swift ( please no flame hehe ) i know i know but
Swift was the only one that has called me until TODAY /Bonk day after
they call me, Schneider, roehl, and Someone else cant remember now
calls me lol.
Run away from Swift. They run slow trucks. Try Schneider or anyone other than Swift!

Dave in Chandler, AZ

--I'm actually doing well with my broken le-what
do you mean I'm out of pain pills?!? ARGH!!!!
Zeke
2004-01-23 01:50:55 UTC
"Can I interest you in a little Morphine drip?" said the doctor.
realitytrucker
2004-01-21 07:36:35 UTC
Post by Rookie with 27 in 12
Why are Rest Areas called pickle parks?
I am sitting in a Pickle Park, right now, monitoring channel 19 and I hear
these two truckers drive by saying they wouldn't stop in either one if they
had to piss their pants.
The other guy goes same here. Then they mention that they are visited by
the DOT too often. Then I keep listening, to hear of one Bear that went
North, then turned around and he is now parked in the Southbound Pickle park
with another one between the two.
I'm not worried about them, I think it is great that someone is watching the
joints. But then again, if they harass me like a lot lizard and wake me up
at 3am I will be a little pissed.
But then again, I am in Ohio and I hear they are really rough on truckers.
thanx
You don't have to be worried about lot lizards there but you MIGHT be
sexually propositioned. And it won't be by a female. Think about it
and you'll have your reasoning behind the name "pickle park".
David Stites
Think about the shape of a pickle, and the shape of human waste.
SloRide9430
2004-01-22 05:06:02 UTC
From: "David Stites"
Think about the shape of a pickle, and the shape of human waste.
Umm... I know what the pickle is shaped like, but as for the other...I've never
seen Alex Cain.

Safe truckin' !

Slo
realitytrucker
ROTFLMAO!! Well said, Slo
Zeke
bump
1inspector5
2008-06-10 15:49:59 UTC
ONE THING IS SURE: this ZEKE character sure has one
hell-of-an-imagination.

Other than that - he hasn't got much going for him!

Zorro
bump
~Tony~
2008-06-10 20:20:44 UTC
Post by 1inspector5
ONE THING IS SURE: this ZEKE character sure has one
hell-of-an-imagination.
Other than that - he hasn't got much going for him!
Zorro
Just to clarify things.

Those are cites from actual posts offered in here a few years back by the
man we all know as Rocky, who posts under various nics.

http://www.usenet.com
The Honorable Dr. Rocky Roads Presiding Judge
2008-06-11 01:48:45 UTC
Post by ~Tony~
Post by 1inspector5
ONE THING IS SURE: this ZEKE character sure has one
hell-of-an-imagination.
Other than that - he hasn't got much going for him!
Zorro
Just to clarify things.
Those are cites from actual posts offered in here a few years back by the
man we all know as Rocky, who posts under various nics.
You are not telling the whole truth Tony.

But that is your SOP.

Zeke started the nymshifting and he keeps it going too.
~Tony~
2008-06-11 03:13:27 UTC
Post by The Honorable Dr. Rocky Roads Presiding Judge
Post by ~Tony~
Post by 1inspector5
ONE THING IS SURE: this ZEKE character sure has one
hell-of-an-imagination.
Other than that - he hasn't got much going for him!
Zorro
Just to clarify things.
Those are cites from actual posts offered in here a few years back by
the man we all know as Rocky, who posts under various nics.
You are not telling the whole truth Tony.
The hell I'm not.
Post by The Honorable Dr. Rocky Roads Presiding Judge
But that is your SOP.
Why don't you get on your knees, bend over and go SOP some water from
your doggy bowl, you pork and bean eating idget. Then lube up that
cucumber you just bought from the supermarket, and entertain yourself
for a half hour or so. You might gain some perspective.
Post by The Honorable Dr. Rocky Roads Presiding Judge
Zeke started the nymshifting and he keeps it going too.
It's always someone else's fault, isn't it Roger?

Not that it makes one iota of difference, but there was no nymshifting
going on at the time you wrote those posts by anyone other than yourself
and the child-porn king, that you offered to document the course of your
newfound career move as a new steering wheel holder in the world of
trucking.

At the time, you changed your posting nic with each new week that you
were on that first job. You documented each step of your continuing
mental breakdown in those posts, and they exposed you for the nutbar
that you were and continue to be.

Read my statement, Roger. It plainly says that the posts commented on,
and revived by Zeke, were originally posted by YOU, and they were posted
at the time you began stalking this newsgroup with your insanity and
began using MTT to blog your progression as an uncooperative employee of
a trucking company, and that you now post under several aliases.

It is the truth, nothing but the truth, so help me God.

Why aren't you in line to buy the newest I-Pod? I thought you'd be
itching to buy a new piece of gadgetry, so that you can dump more of
your droppings into this group that you love to use as a toilet.

http://www.usenet.com
realitytrucker
2008-06-12 02:15:12 UTC
Post by ~Tony~
[...]
               http://www.usenet.com- Hide quoted text -
Zeke's just confirming what most of us already know: the wannabe was
an ass four years ago and hasn't changed except to be MORE of an ass
now. Lately his only "bud" is that loneranger character who seems to
be just as in need of mental help as the wannabe himself.