Ignorance
Yes Sir
2007-01-13 03:55:40 UTC
I took the time to read the posts asking for some advice.Being new to
the trucking game. I got responses like a o/o would be lucky to break
even.So basically o/o work for free come on now.The reason why most of u
are jus comp drivers is because ud rather the company pimp u for 40
cents a mile Oh but let b guss the company makes no money either. Some
replies were help full take the time to pull ur heads out ur ass and
learn to work together this group could be helpful for truckers if the
dumbasses would jus read and not post.Again my question was does anyone
know what mor profitable running a refer? flatbed? transporting cars and
what are some good companies to work for that pay good.
realitytrucker
2007-01-13 05:47:30 UTC
Post by Yes Sir
I took the time to read the posts asking for some advice.Being new to
the trucking game. I got responses like a o/o would be lucky to break
even.So basically o/o work for free come on now.The reason why most of u
are jus comp drivers is because ud rather the company pimp u for 40
cents a mile Oh but let b guss the company makes no money either. Some
replies were help full take the time to pull ur heads out ur ass and
learn to work together this group could be helpful for truckers if the
dumbasses would jus read and not post.Again my question was does anyone
know what mor profitable running a refer? flatbed? transporting cars and
what are some good companies to work for that pay good.
To answer your question directly: I don't know which pays the most but
I would guess auto transport then flatbed. Pulling a reefer is more of
a headache than it's worth.

In regards to the rest of your rant. I was merely giving you advice as
to who NOT to listen to on this group.

The best advice I can give you is to "pimp" yourself out, as you so
fondly put it, to a company for a minimum of two years to learn what
this business AND this lifestyle (because thats what it is) is all
about. To jump right out of school and buy a truck is asking for
failure. There is much more to this business than just jumping behind
the wheel and driving. If you buy a new truck you're going to see your
money eaten up in truck payments, insurance and operating expenses. If
you buy a used one add maintenance costs to that.

You're new so let me fill you in on my background. Even tho I had
almost 9 years experience at the time I returned to trucking in late
2005 I had been off the road for over 4 years so I had to start all
over as a beginner. That means a refresher course and then out with a
trainer for 4 weeks. Still, for the year 2006 I made almost $45,000.
If you think of that as "pimping" myself out to a company I'll gladly
continue doing it.

Best of luck to you, if you buy that truck. I think you'll probably
need it.
Rocky
2007-01-13 10:57:23 UTC
Post by Yes Sir
I took the time to read the posts asking for some advice.Being new to
the trucking game. I got responses like a o/o would be lucky to break
even.So basically o/o work for free come on now.The reason why most of u
are jus comp drivers is because ud rather the company pimp u for 40
cents a mile Oh but let b guss the company makes no money either.
The poster Turbotrucker that had been an O/O and left this flame-war ridden
newsgroup would have told you the same thing.

.
Post by Yes Sir
Some
replies were help full take the time to pull ur heads out ur ass and
learn to work together this group could be helpful for truckers if the
dumbasses would jus read and not post.
Oh, but that is how truckers are in real life. Once you ever get near a
truckstop with your CB radio on Channel 19 you will find out for your self
how insane truck drivers can be.

.
Post by Yes Sir
Again my question was does anyone
know what mor profitable running a refer? flatbed? transporting cars and
From School I heard transporting cars was the biggest money maker. I've
also heard that it pays pretty well from the mother of someone that hauled
cars, but I was also told you have to pay for any scratches or dents they
can hold you responsible for.

Flatbed doesn't pay that much by itself, but if you can get into oversized,
now that pays pretty well. I've been that route and if I didn't like being
home so much I might go back to pulling oversized loads. Two of the
trailers I've pulled can be found on this page.
http://wookiee.home.att.net/temp/SeventyFootTrailer.html

I've also been told from someone that deals with Landstar that hauling
explosives pays very well.

.
Post by Yes Sir
what are some good companies to work for that pay good.
The companies I've seen that pay the best will only hire drivers with over a
year experience. Plus, even if they paid 55 cents a mile, you might still
have to look at what else they offer.
realitytrucker
Please re-read paragraph two of my post.
Douglas W "Popeye" Frederick
2007-01-13 15:42:52 UTC
Post by Yes Sir
I took the time to read the posts asking for some advice.Being new to
the trucking game. I got responses like a o/o would be lucky to break
even.So basically o/o work for free come on now.The reason why most of u
are jus comp drivers is because ud rather the company pimp u for 40
cents a mile Oh but let b guss the company makes no money either. Some
replies were help full take the time to pull ur heads out ur ass and
learn to work together this group could be helpful for truckers if the
dumbasses would jus read and not post.Again my question was does anyone
know what mor profitable running a refer? flatbed? transporting cars and
what are some good companies to work for that pay good.
Well if you know everything, why are you asking us?

The answer to your question is that you're too fuckin stupid to drive a
truck.

Fuck off, web tv scumbag.
Rocky
2007-01-13 17:31:16 UTC
Post by Douglas W "Popeye" Frederick
Post by Yes Sir
[...]
Yes, Douglas Frederick is one of the Major Trolls on misc.transport.trucking
and he attacks posters that try to stop him. Example below:

2007-01-13 18:19:14 UTC
Post by Rocky
Yes, Douglas Frederick is one of the Major Trolls on
misc.transport.trucking and he attacks posters that try to stop
him.
Ask Douggy how he managed to survive his trips into Canada without
his firearms.
Gashauler
2007-01-13 19:19:26 UTC
Post by Yes Sir
[...]
That's more in line of what should have been told to this guy. But let him
go out and buy the truck so some knowledgeable driver can pick up his truck
the bank took back cheap. But of course this idiot wouldn't know how to spec
a truck out so you'd be buying one of those pimp trucks. Oh and here's a
note to the kid that thinks working for a company is pimping yourself out. I
grossed over 60K my last year before I retired 13 years before the normal
retirement age. So we got another know-it -all that won't get past the front
door.
Rocky
2007-01-15 03:09:18 UTC
Post by Yes Sir
I took the time to read the posts asking for some advice.Being new to
the trucking game.
The answer to your question is that you're too fuckin stupid to drive a
truck.
Fuck off, web tv scumbag.
That's more in line of what should have been told to this guy.
But of course this idiot wouldn't know how to spec
a truck out so you'd be buying one of those pimp trucks.
So we got another know-it -all that won't get past the front door.
I have pointed out before that Dave Smith lets the Trolls run this newsgroup
and then he proves it. Dave Smith certainly didn't try to stop either Doug
or Dave from molesting the Webtv user above.

I would suggest that if you have trucking questions take them to one of
these places:

http://www.sharingtheroad.net/smf

http://roundtable.truck.net

http://www.thetruckersreport.com

More about the Trolls on misc.transport.trucking here:
http://wookiee.home.att.net/MiscTransportTruckingTrolls
Zeke
2007-01-15 16:08:46 UTC
Post by Yes Sir
I took the time to read the posts asking for some advice.Being new to
the trucking game. I got responses like a o/o would be lucky to break
even.So basically o/o work for free come on now.The reason why most of u
are jus comp drivers is because ud rather the company pimp u for 40
cents a mile Oh but let b guss the company makes no money either. Some
replies were help full take the time to pull ur heads out ur ass and
learn to work together this group could be helpful for truckers if the
dumbasses would jus read and not post.Again my question was does anyone
know what mor profitable running a refer? flatbed? transporting cars and
what are some good companies to work for that pay good.
Judging by your superior grasp of the english language, grammer and
spelling, the title of your post is very appropriate.