Paying Fines for HOS Violations
Lynne
2003-12-16 01:05:50 UTC
If you are caught violating HOS, are you required to pay the fine on the
spot?

If this is true, what happens to you if you cannot pay?

I had always assumed you'd be handed a ticket.

Thanks In Advance
Amy D

Thanks In Advance
Richard
2003-12-16 02:06:06 UTC
Post by Lynne
If you are caught violating HOS, are you required to pay the fine on the
spot?
If this is true, what happens to you if you cannot pay?
I had always assumed you'd be handed a ticket.
Thanks In Advance
Being forced to pay the fine on the spot is "denial of due process".
search for "Gary Ring vs State of Louisianna".
Many states though, require you to pay a "bond" which is another way of
saying you're guilty.
If they do demand you pay on the spot, automatically request a court date.

If you can't pay, you call the company and have them pay it for you.
Alex Cain
2003-12-16 05:12:08 UTC
Post by Richard
Post by Lynne
If you are caught violating HOS, are you required to pay the fine on the
spot?
If this is true, what happens to you if you cannot pay?
I had always assumed you'd be handed a ticket.
Thanks In Advance
Being forced to pay the fine on the spot is "denial of due process".
search for "Gary Ring vs State of Louisianna".
You fucking clod. That's completely wrong.
Post by Richard
Many states though, require you to pay a "bond" which is another way of
saying you're guilty.
If they do demand you pay on the spot, automatically request a court date.
It's always be stubborn or sue with you, isn't it st00pid?
Post by Richard
If you can't pay, you call the company and have them pay it for you.
no company would EVER pay for your st00pidity, Bullis.

From: "Richard" <***@127.000>
Newsgroups: misc.transport.trucking
Subject: Re: Paying Fines for HOS Violations
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:06:06 -0600
"Richard" <***@127.000> wrote in message news:***@enews3.newsguy.com...
<snip>
Post by Richard
Many states though, require you to pay a "bond" which is another way of
saying you're guilty.
You don't have a clue what a bond is, do you? Again, you're giving legal
advice. Did you hear the word "bond" on "CHIPS" or "COPS?"
Guess Who?
2003-12-20 04:57:58 UTC
Post by Richard
Being forced to pay the fine on the spot is "denial of due process".
search for "Gary Ring vs State of Louisianna".
How nice of you to offer something to support your statement....then you
counter it with...what?
Post by Richard
Many states though, require you to pay a "bond" which is another way
of saying you're guilty.
Not for violations of the FMCSR's.....There is no state that I am aware of
that requires you to post bonds for infractions of the regulations. Your
CDL is considered bond, per the Feds.

And just so you know....a BOND posted is NOT in any way a plea of ANYTHING,
UNLESS you forfeit your right to appear in court to defend the charges. In
the case you fail to show, a plea of GUILTY will be made on your behalf,
and the bond will be forfeited to settle the fine.
Post by Richard
If they do demand you pay on the spot, automatically request a court date.
If you are required to post a bond, a court date is given to you at that
time, Mr. Bullis. You do not have to request it.
Post by Richard
If you can't pay, you call the company and have them pay it for you.
It will not be an issue to consider.

Tony
X***@truckcop.org
2003-12-16 03:29:29 UTC
Fines are generally paid within 15 days of the date of issue. Some States
set court dates, or the date the ticket has to be paid by if you choose not
to contest. The situation will vary from state to state.
--
X715(at)truckcop.org
Thanks In Advance
Truckinsp
2003-12-16 04:10:17 UTC
Post by Lynne
If you are caught violating HOS, are you required to pay the fine on the
spot?
If this is true, what happens to you if you cannot pay?
I had always assumed you'd be handed a ticket.
Thanks In Advance
Depends on the state.....what you are required to pay up front is the
appearance bond.....when you get the citation, it will have on it a court
date....set from 1 week to 3 weeks in the future. Normally if you do not
choose to see the judge, i.e. don't appear in court before the date on the
citation, the appearance bond will be accepted as the fine.....if you do see
the judge and he determines you not guilty, the appearance bond is returned to
you....
My judge insists that I take cash for the appearance bond because it is so hard
to track down truck drivers if they do not appear......if they do not have the
cash, he insists that I take them to jail.....and he has chewed me out twice
now because I took a partial appearance bond instead of the full amount....but
in both times, the driver did not have the full amount.....and in both
instances, he has mailed the truck driver a letter requiring the rest of the
money or he will issue a warrant.....
Richard
2003-12-16 05:22:12 UTC
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Lynne
[...]
Precisely why the CDL program was started. To help make it easier to track
down drivers.
You have his license number, the company he works for, how difficult could
it be to track him down?
Most company drivers don't carry hundreds of dollars in cash on them.
The last time I had to pay an "appearance bond", the scales took my visa
card with no problem.
Many of the more modern scale houses do.
Then what's wrong with using comcheck or t-check? Same as cash.

Since you refuse to even admit which state it is you work for, no one can
say for sure you really are an officer.
But if you are, I have narrowed it down to New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming or
Montana.
Now be honest with me for once, we have met face to face at least once
before haven't we?
Truckinsp
LOLOL....your guesses are as good as your advice.....
informant
2003-12-16 16:45:31 UTC
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Lynne
[...]
And just so there is no mistaking Bullis' motives, here is the reason
St00pid's obsessed with personal information and threatened numerous
lawsuits to acquire it. From an email to Oxford Systems, Date: 2002-10-25
01:48:34 PST:

From: "Richard" <***@charter.net>
"One way or another, I will find out who he really is, then use that
information to destroy him with."
Richard
2003-12-16 17:54:01 UTC
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Montana.
Now be honest with me for once, we have met face to face at least once
before haven't we?
LOLOL....your guesses are as good as your advice.....
And just so there is no mistaking Bullis' motives, here is the reason
St00pid's obsessed with personal information and threatened numerous
lawsuits to acquire it. From an email to Oxford Systems, Date: 2002-10-25
"One way or another, I will find out who he really is, then use that
information to destroy him with."
Well thank you very much for identifying yourself Allen.
Since I have never used my e-mail addy in usenet, there is only one way you
could have gotten that tidbit.
Of course, you'll say that Allen sent it to you.
But knowing how Allen Atwood is the pussy that he is, it all makes sense
now.
BTW, knowing that Oxford Systems is in fact Allen Atwood, I did not address
that tidbit to O.S. but mr. atwood directly.

Oh and Allen, remember, we do have your phone number, not to mention your
home address.
Todd Moss
Your homicidal tendencies and stupidity are showing again, Bullis.
informant
2003-12-16 22:54:31 UTC
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Montana.
Now be honest with me for once, we have met face to face at least once
before haven't we?
LOLOL....your guesses are as good as your advice.....
And just so there is no mistaking Bullis' motives, here is the reason
St00pid's obsessed with personal information and threatened numerous
lawsuits to acquire it. From an email to Oxford Systems, Date: 2002-10-25
"One way or another, I will find out who he really is, then use that
information to destroy him with."
Well thank you very much for identifying yourself Allen.
I identified nothing and I'm not Allen, K00k.
Post by Richard
Since I have never used my e-mail addy in usenet, there is only one way you
could have gotten that tidbit.
Really? Only one way, St00pid?
Post by Richard
Of course, you'll say that Allen sent it to you.
But knowing how Allen Atwood is the pussy that he is, it all makes sense
now.
I'm sure it does to you, St00pid.
Threat noted. You and Fat Larry going to invade Georgia now, Pedophile?
Alex Cain
2003-12-17 08:15:14 UTC
Post by informant
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Lynne
If you are caught violating HOS, are you required to pay the
fine
Post by informant
on
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
the
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
so hard to track down truck drivers if they do not
appear......if
Post by informant
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
they
do
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
not have the cash, he insists that I take them to jail.....and he
has chewed me out twice now because I took a partial appearance
bond
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
instead
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
of the full amount....but in both times, the driver did not have
the
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
full
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Richard
before haven't we?
LOLOL....your guesses are as good as your advice.....
And just so there is no mistaking Bullis' motives, here is the reason
St00pid's obsessed with personal information and threatened numerous
Post by Richard
that tidbit to O.S. but mr. atwood directly.
Oh and Allen, remember, we do have your phone number, not to mention your
home address.
Threat noted. You and Fat Larry going to invade Georgia now, Pedophile?
Oh Hell, I hope not. We've got enough problems of our own without another
sex offender in the state.
informant
2003-12-16 23:26:22 UTC
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
[...]
Looks like Bullis hasn't forgotten his obsession with you. And he's still as
St00pid as ever.
Bill Jackson
2003-12-17 02:26:38 UTC
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Montana.
Now be honest with me for once, we have met face to face at least once
before haven't we?
LOLOL....your guesses are as good as your advice.....
And just so there is no mistaking Bullis' motives, here is the reason
St00pid's obsessed with personal information and threatened numerous
lawsuits to acquire it. From an email to Oxford Systems, Date: 2002-10-25
"One way or another, I will find out who he really is, then use that
information to destroy him with."
Well thank you very much for identifying yourself Allen.
Since I have never used my e-mail addy in usenet, there is only one way you
could have gotten that tidbit.
Really?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=Bz7u9.884%24QM4.760%40tornadotest1.news.pas.earthlink.net

Post by Richard
But knowing how Allen Atwood is the pussy that he is, it all makes sense
now.
BTW, knowing that Oxford Systems is in fact Allen Atwood, I did not address
that tidbit to O.S. but mr. atwood directly.
Oh and Allen, remember, we do have your phone number, not to mention your
home address.
What are you going to do other than your usual whining? Did your brother
say he was the subject of a massive Kentucky investigation that had been
running for over three years last year?
Richard
2003-12-17 03:44:06 UTC
Thank you very much. Now those who care to know the truth behind what I sent
to Allen, will know the context of what "informant" posted and have a
totally different perspective.
Not favorable to informant that is.
Even so, the similarities between informant and allen atwood are to close to
be overlooked as his true identity.
Bill Jackson
2003-12-17 07:00:35 UTC
Post by Richard
Thank you very much. Now those who care to know the truth behind what I sent
to Allen, will know the context of what "informant" posted and have a
totally different perspective.
Totally different perpective? How is that, st00pid? You said there was
only one way for Informant to have post what he did. Yet I was able to find
the post he was speaking of quite easily. As usual you make up new lies to
back your old lies. How about that claim that you never used your e-mail
address ***@charter.net on Usenet? I guess going by your track
record of lies nobody can prove it was you using "pedophile_at_large"
<***@charter.net> or "me" ***@charter.net then, right?

http://groups.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_uauthors=%22pedophile_at_large%22%20nomorebull%40charter.net%20&lr=&hl=en

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=MPG.1503c10a96978eac989681%40news1.uncensored-news.com

And you wonder why nobody in this group thinks you are anything else but a
complete and total liar. Two more lies out of many, many lies you have told
exposed.
Post by Richard
Not favorable to informant that is.
Even so, the similarities between informant and allen atwood are to close to
be overlooked as his true identity.
I notice you make claims like this quite a bit. So are you saying that
Informant is not related to you now? Will Informant no longer have to worry
about a Bullis clan ass beating at the next family pride day in your honor,
now that he is Allen Atwood? I can't wait to see who you will claim I am!
Alex Cain
2003-12-17 08:17:43 UTC
Post by Bill Jackson
Post by Richard
be overlooked as his true identity.
I notice you make claims like this quite a bit. So are you saying that
Informant is not related to you now? Will Informant no longer have to worry
about a Bullis clan ass beating at the next family pride day in your honor,
now that he is Allen Atwood? I can't wait to see who you will claim I am!
He'll claim you are me, Hawk, Sharon B, Just Taylor, or a host of other
people he's got on his holiday shitlist. Guess since he doesn't have a tree
to decorate or a working heater that he has to spend his time doing
*something* these days.
informant
2003-12-17 23:02:50 UTC
Post by Richard
to Allen, will know the context of what "informant" posted and have a
totally different perspective.
Totally different perpective? How is that, st00pid? You said there was
only one way for Informant to have post what he did. Yet I was able to find
the post he was speaking of quite easily. As usual you make up new lies to
back your old lies. How about that claim that you never used your e-mail
record of lies nobody can prove it was you using "pedophile_at_large"
That's the problem that liars like Bullis have. They can't keep track of
their lies and run away from people like you who catch them in their lies.
Post by Bill Jackson
Post by Richard
be overlooked as his true identity.
I notice you make claims like this quite a bit. So are you saying that
Informant is not related to you now? Will Informant no longer have to worry
about a Bullis clan ass beating at the next family pride day in your honor,
now that he is Allen Atwood? I can't wait to see who you will claim I am!
<snicker> It's quite a relief, let me tell you. Now, you can be a Bullis
cousin, who by all accounts, doesn't treat St00pid any better than Usenet
does.
Alex Cain
2003-12-17 08:16:35 UTC
Post by Richard
Thank you very much. Now those who care to know the truth behind what I sent
to Allen, will know the context of what "informant" posted and have a
totally different perspective.
Then why didn't you attribute the posts, moron? Couldn't be because you
know you're full of shit, could it?
You are so god damnably stupid, Bullis.
informant
2003-12-17 22:22:24 UTC
Post by Richard
Thank you very much. Now those who care to know the truth behind what I sent
to Allen, will know the context of what "informant" posted and have a
totally different perspective.
What changed, maggot? Your obsession with real life info is as you stated,
to attempt to destroy people.
There are no similarities and you're still a retarded K00k, Bullis.
Alex Cain
2003-12-17 08:14:12 UTC
Post by Richard
Post by Truckinsp
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Montana.
Now be honest with me for once, we have met face to face at least once
before haven't we?
LOLOL....your guesses are as good as your advice.....
And just so there is no mistaking Bullis' motives, here is the reason
St00pid's obsessed with personal information and threatened numerous
lawsuits to acquire it. From an email to Oxford Systems, Date: 2002-10-25
"One way or another, I will find out who he really is, then use that
information to destroy him with."
Well thank you very much for identifying yourself Allen.
Since I have never used my e-mail addy in usenet, there is only one way you
could have gotten that tidbit.
You are one dumb son of a bitch, Bullis. That is taken directly from Google
Groups Archives.
Post by Richard
Of course, you'll say that Allen sent it to you.
But knowing how Allen Atwood is the pussy that he is, it all makes sense
now.
BTW, knowing that Oxford Systems is in fact Allen Atwood, I did not address
that tidbit to O.S. but mr. atwood directly.
Stalk much, fuckhead?
Post by Richard
Oh and Allen, remember, we do have your phone number, not to mention your
home address.
Is that some sort of fucking threat? Are you wanting to lose your newsguy
access?
Dave Smith
2003-12-16 03:28:47 UTC
Post by Lynne
If you are caught violating HOS, are you required to pay the fine on the
spot?
If this is true, what happens to you if you cannot pay?
I had always assumed you'd be handed a ticket.
Around here it depends on whether you get caught in an on road inspection or
if it is turned up at a facility audit. In an on road inspection you would
get a ticket for $390 and fifteen days to deal with it. If it is the result
of an audit you will get a summons to come to court.
Richard
2003-12-16 05:09:53 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
Post by Lynne
If you are caught violating HOS, are you required to pay the fine on the
spot?
If this is true, what happens to you if you cannot pay?
I had always assumed you'd be handed a ticket.
Around here it depends on whether you get caught in an on road inspection
or if it is turned up at a facility audit. In an on road inspection you
would get a ticket for $390 and fifteen days to deal with it. If it is
the result of an audit you will get a summons to come to court.
I got stopped once in Ohio for being overweight. Got told by the officer
that if it wasn't paid by 7:00 I'd be in jail.
Odd thing, it was already 7:30AM so I assume he meant PM.
That's illegal as it denies due process.
Considering the fact that it's also a misdemeanor and a non moving
violation, being tossed into jail is harldy the answer without having seen a
judge first.
He was obviously "on the rag" so I didn't argue with the man.
Alex Cain
2003-12-17 08:23:00 UTC
Post by Richard
Post by Dave Smith
Post by Lynne
If you are caught violating HOS, are you required to pay the fine on the
spot?
If this is true, what happens to you if you cannot pay?
I had always assumed you'd be handed a ticket.
Around here it depends on whether you get caught in an on road inspection
or if it is turned up at a facility audit. In an on road inspection you
would get a ticket for $390 and fifteen days to deal with it. If it is
the result of an audit you will get a summons to come to court.
I got stopped once in Ohio for being overweight.
Can't even keep track of the shit on your truck, st00pid?
Post by Richard
Got told by the officer
that if it wasn't paid by 7:00 I'd be in jail.
Maybe if you hadn't given him lip and acted like an asshole he wouldn't have
told you that, Bullis.
Post by Richard
Odd thing, it was already 7:30AM so I assume he meant PM.
You really are this fucking stupid, aren't you?
Post by Richard
That's illegal as it denies due process.
No it doesn't, dumbass.
Post by Richard
Considering the fact that it's also a misdemeanor and a non moving
violation, being tossed into jail is harldy the answer without having seen a
judge first.
Bullis I do not doubt that you have spent time in prison at one point or
another in your life for such an event and that you will be spending even
MORE time in prison for unrelated charges in the future.
Post by Richard
He was obviously "on the rag" so I didn't argue with the man.
That's right Bullis -- know your fucking place and don't give the officer
any guff. It would be the smartest thing you've ever done.
Hardpan
2003-12-18 09:45:53 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Post by Richard
Post by Dave Smith
would get a ticket for $390 and fifteen days to deal with it. If it is
the result of an audit you will get a summons to come to court.
I got stopped once in Ohio for being overweight.
Can't even keep track of the shit on your truck, st00pid?
Cant keep track of your rights stupid ?
Post by Dave Smith
Post by Richard
Got told by the officer
that if it wasn't paid by 7:00 I'd be in jail.
That's pure-D bullshit !!
Post by Dave Smith
Maybe if you hadn't given him lip and acted like an asshole he wouldn't have
told you that, Bullis.
So I take it you kiss policemen's ass, like you recommend Bullis do
when confronted by a cop ?
Post by Richard
That's illegal as it denies due process.
No it doesn't, dumbass.
Yes it does, dumbshit.
Post by Richard
He was obviously "on the rag" so I didn't argue with the man.
That's right Bullis -- know your fucking place and don't give the officer
any guff. It would be the smartest thing you've ever done.
"Know your place"???

Since a police officer is a citizen, not a God-like being as you seem
to think, I find this statement hilarious, coming from a fellow
driver.

No wonder America is becoming the land of the knave;
you know, people like you Alex.
SloRide9430
2003-12-18 12:40:51 UTC
From: Hardpan (responding to more of the usual drivel from Alex Cain)
....I find this statement hilarious, coming from a fellow
driver.
Alex Cain is NOT a driver. He is a childish little sissy whose life revolves
around harassing Richard Bullis via Usenet..... much like "informant", that
phony "Reverend" Ryan Lankford, and that other Dick-->Head.

Make no mistake about it: I wish Richard would leave the group too, but he
isn't going to, so I just keep the killfile as current as possible. But please,
don't confuse these clowns with professional drivers. They are professional
crybabies, nothing else.

Safe truckin' !

Slo
Lynne
2003-12-20 04:08:34 UTC
I'd just like to drop a word of thanks to those who gave informative and
helpful replies before the thread disintegrated into another round of
MTT depravity.
2003-12-20 15:32:22 UTC
Some states do require bond payment prior to the vehicle being released.
Florida, for example, up until recently required that any civil penalties
assessed against a CMV be paid on the spot. If payment could not be made the
power unit was impound until such time payment was made. This practice is no
longer done here. But there may be some states that still conduct business
this way. I believe Arkansas is one of them.
MTT depravity.
Guess Who?
2003-12-20 04:48:55 UTC
Post by Lynne
If you are caught violating HOS, are you required to pay the fine on the
spot?
I know of no state that is currently requiring this for any CDL holder.
Post by Lynne
If this is true, what happens to you if you cannot pay?
I had always assumed you'd be handed a ticket.
That is the way it is done.

Tony